Real food-based Paleo and ketogenic nutrition physician and researcher Dr. Terry Wahls is our interview guest today in a series of exclusive podcasts featuring the various experts from Jimmy Moore’s new book Keto Clarity in Episode 860 of “The Livin’ La Vida Low-Carb Show.”
Have you gotten your copy of Jimmy Moore and Dr. Eric Westman’s new book Keto Clarity: Your Definitive Guide to the Benefits of a Low-Carb, High-Fat Diet yet? If so, then you are probably already a big fan of the frequent “Moment Of Clarity” quotes located every few paragraphs from the 22 featured experts Jimmy hand-selected to interview and include in the book. On this podcast, we’ve been sharing BRAND NEW INTERVIEWS with most of the 22 featured experts in the book as we give you the listeners a further glimpse into the heart and soul of what makes Keto Clarity such an awesome and unique resource for people desiring to attain the health improvements that come from being in ketosis. These interviews just keep coming!
Today’s Keto Clarity expert interview is with a clinical professor of medicine at the University of Iowa and a staff physician at the Iowa City Veterans Affairs Hospital named Dr. Terry Wahls. She teaches medical students and resident physicians about applying nutritional therapies to improve the health of their patients and sees patients and does clinical research herself with traumatic brain injury as well as complex chronic health problems that often include multiple autoimmune disorders. Dr. Wahls is famous for being a patient with a chronic progressive neurological disorder: secondary progressive multiple sclerosis, which confined her to a tilt-recline wheelchair for four years which she chronicled in her famous 2011 TEDx Iowa City talk Minding Your Mitochondria. She credits the Wahls Protocol, which is based on functional medicine, with restoring her health, enabling her to now ride her bike five miles to work every day. She released a book in 2014 about her experience called The Wahls Protocol: How I Beat Progressive MS Using Paleo Principles and Functional Medicine. Listen to Jimmy and Dr. Wahls look further into why a micronutrition-rich low-carb, high-fat, ketogenic diet is such a powerful modality in treating so many of the chronic health problems of our day. We’ve still got a couple more weeks worth of Keto Clarity expert interviews to share and they just keep getting better and better.
NOTICE OF DISCLOSURE: http://cmp.ly/3
LINKS MENTIONED IN EPISODE 860
- SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: Try all three flavors of the new Quest Protein Chips (Sea Salt, Cheddar & Sour Cream, and BBQ)
- Dr. Terry Wahls bio
- VIDEO: Minding your mitochondria: Dr. Terry Wahls at TEDxIowaCity
- The Wahls Protocol: How I Beat Progressive MS Using Paleo Principles and Functional Medicine
- Dr. Wahls on Twitter
- Dr. Wahls on Facebook
- Dr. Wahls on YouTube
- Keto Clarity: Your Definitive Guide to the Benefits of a Low-Carb, High-Fat Diet
- RELATED PODCAST: The LLVLC Show #797: Guest Host Dr. Terry Wahls Shares How Ketogenic Paleo Healed Her From MS
- RELATED PODCAST: The LLVLC Show #637: Encore Week 2013 – Dr. Terry Wahls
- RELATED PODCAST: The LLVLC Show #533: Dr. Terry Wahls Uses The Paleo Diet To Heal Her Body From Multiple Sclerosis (MS)