British cholesterol skeptic, author and documentary filmmaker Justin Smith is our guest today in Episode 611 of The Livin’ La Vida Low-Carb Show with Jimmy Moore!
Fans of this podcast have long known about the lies we’ve been told about the role of cholesterol in heart disease. Conventional wisdom tells us that the higher your total cholesterol, the greater risk you have of getting a heart attack and developing atherosclerosis. Therefore, pharmaceutical companies argue, higher lipid levels require medications like statin drugs to bring them down to “safe” levels. HOGWASH!
You may recall hearing Justin Smith on this podcast previously in Episode 438 discussing his book $29 Billion Reasons to Lie About Cholesterol: Making Profit By Turning Healthy People Into Patients. But he was ready to take the message from his book and bring it to life in a documentary film as he shared with us in Episode 504 in late 2011. Thus was birthed a documentary that is now available to the public called $TATIN NATION. You can download $TATIN NATION for streaming rental RIGHT NOW below:
We were very honored to have this podcast recognized with a “Special Thanks” in the closing credits of the documentary:
USE COUPON CODE “LLVLC” FOR 10% OFF YOUR ORDER
NOTICE OF DISCLOSURE: http://cmp.ly/3
LINKS MENTIONED IN EPISODE 611
- SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: Pre-Made Paleo Meal Delivery Service
- Justin Smith bio
- Download $TATIN NATION: The Great Cholesterol Cover-Up
- $TATIN NATION documentary web site
- $TATIN NATION blog
- RELATED PODCAST: 438: Justin Smith Says There Are $29 Billion Reasons To Lie About Cholesterol
- RELATED PODCAST: 504: An Update On The Progress Of $TATIN NATION
- RELATED BLOG POST: Justin Smith’s ‘$TATIN NATION’ Documentary Now Available For Stream On Demand