Pediatric physician and ketogenic diet for Alzheimer’s disease advocate Dr. Mary Newport is our guest today in Episode 612 of The Livin’ La Vida Low-Carb Show with Jimmy Moore!
Whenever Alzheimer’s disease hits, it usually means an inevitable decline in mental acuity and a loss of that person’s personality to the point that they’re no longer recognizable to the friends and family members who love them the most. For Dr. Mary Newport, she saw this pattern starting to hit her husband Steve just a few years back and the helpless feeling that comes from a lack of real answers to this serious disease in the medical community. That’s when she turned to researching Alzheimer’s on her own where she discovered the power of ketone bodies from consuming coconut oil and MCT oil on proper brain function. She shared about this extraordinary story in Episode 240 in case you missed it.
Now she’s back on the show in 2012 to give an update on Steve’s condition, to share about her new book on the subject entitled Alzheimer’s Disease: What If There Was a Cure? The Story Of Ketones and to share the latest information she has discovered about ketogenic diets in controlling Alzheimer’s disease. Listen in as Jimmy and Dr. Newport catch up on all that’s been happening in her quest to educate others about the power of ketones.
Low-Carb meal plans from Diet-to-Go. No carb counting, no cooking.
Enter “LLVLC” at checkout for 25% off!
NOTICE OF DISCLOSURE: http://cmp.ly/3
LINKS MENTIONED IN EPISODE 612
- SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: DietToGo Low-Carb Meal Plan
- Listen to Jimmy’s Friday “Low-Carb Conversations” podcast with his new co-host Dietitian Cassie
- Dr. Mary Newport bio
- Alzheimer’s Disease: What If There Was a Cure? The Story Of Ketones
- “Coconut Oil, Ketones and Alzheimer’s” blog
- Scientific Reference Articles About Ketones
- Dr. Newport’s original column, “What If There Was a Cure for Alzheimer’s Disease… and No One Knew?”
- RELATED PODCAST: 240: Dr. Mary Newport Asks Whether Taking Coconut Oil Cures Alzheimer’s Disease