Physician and low-carb diabetes advocate Dr. Richard Bernstein is our guest today for this LLVLC Classic Episode 681 of “The Livin’ La Vida Low-Carb Show.”
In this repeat of one of our all-time favorite interview guests, the great Dr. Richard Bernstein discusses the struggles he’s gone through to overcome inertia and avarice on the part of the American Diabetes Association, drug manufacturers and many others in the status quo who maintain that diabetics should not even attempt to regulate their blood sugar through diet and merely rely on drug therapy as their sole means for controlling their disease. Dr. Bernstein thinks that is nonsense as you will hear him passionately share with Jimmy in this pair of LLVLC Classic interviews.
He is the author of a fantastic book that should be a part of every low-carb library called Dr. Bernstein’s Diabetes Solution: The Complete Guide to Achieving Normal Blood Sugars and we cannot recommend it highly enough to those dealing with some form of blood sugar health issue. Some of what you will hear will be shocking to say the least, but Dr. Bernstein remains cautiously optimistic about the future prospects of low-carb diabetes care. If you or someone you know has diabetes, then you can learn a lot from this man who has lived with Type 1 diabetes for over six decades and counting.
LINKS MENTIONED IN EPISODE 683
– LOWER YOUR BLOOD SUGAR: Glycosolve with berberine (Use coupon code “THANKYOU” for 10% off)
– GET LOW-CARB MEALS DELIVERED TO YOUR DOOR: Diet-To-Go Low-Carb Meal Plans (get 25% off with coupon code “LLVLC”)
– Dr. Richard Bernstein’s Wikipedia page
– Dr. Bernstein’s official web site
– Dr. Bernstein’s Diabetes Solution: The Complete Guide to Achieving Normal Blood Sugars
– VIDEO: Dr. Richard Bernstein On High-Fat, Low-Carb Diets & Diabetes
– Dr. Richard Bernstein on Jimmy’s “List Of Low-Carb Doctors”