Hello and welcome back for a classic episode of the Livin’ La Vida Low-Carb Show With Jimmy Moore. While Jimmy’s off working on his forthcoming Cholesterol book, we’re featuring classic interviews every Wednesday. Today we have a pair of conversations from 2008 with Sweden’s celebrated Low-carb (or LCHF as they refer to it) advocates, Dr. Annika Dahlqvist and Per Wikholm.
Dr. Dahlqvist was willing to put her entire medical career on the line to defend the low-carb nutritional approach in her home country of Sweden. Although the odds were stacked against her, she KNEW the science was on her side. In the end, she came out of this intense trial triumphant and strong as the Swedish government now promotes a low-carb diet alongside a low-fat one.
Next up, Per Wikholm brought us up-to-speed on what happened in the aftermath of Dr. Dahlqvist’s victory, including this 44-month study by Jörgen Vesti Nielsen comparing low-carb with low-fat diets for diabetics published in Nutrition & Metabolism, the reaction to this study from Dr. Dahlqvist, the revelation that the government leaders in charge of the new dietary guidelines are linked to the food industry (GASP–what a surprise! NOT!), and the real changes that are happening in the food purchasing habits of the Swedish people that reveal the LCHF message is sticking. You will be beaming with pride that this way of eating is not just surviving in Sweden, but thriving and on its way to producing BIG CHANGES in that country. If this can happen there, then I have all the confidence in the world we can make it happen in America as well!
NOTICE OF DISCLOSURE: http://cmp.ly/3
LINKS MENTIONED IN EPISODE 655
- SHARE THE MESSAGE: Watch Jonathan Bailor’s “Slim Is Simple” Video
- SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: Get Low-Carb ChocoPerfection chocolate bars
- Per Wikholm on Facebook
- Dr. Annika Dahlqvist bio (Google Translate into English from her Swedish blog)
- “Dr Annika Dahlqvists LCHF Blog” (Google Translate into English from her Swedish blog)
- Dr. Annika Dahlqvist’s Low-Carb Diet Plan
- ORIGINAL PODCAST that aired on June 2, 2008: The LLVLC Show #143: Per Wikholm Reports On The Low-Carb Lifestyle Living Large In Sweden
- ORIGINAL PODCAST that aired on January 28, 2008: The LLVLC Show #107: Courageous Swedish LCHF Physician Dr. Annika Dahlqvist
- RELATED BLOG POST: A High-Fat, Low-Carb Diet Explosion Happening In Sweden