Welcome back to the hottest low-carb podcast allowed by law–it’s “The Livin’ La Vida Low-Carb Show With Jimmy Moore!”
Today we are proud to present Part 1 of Jimmy’s much-anticipated interview with New York Times journalist and bestselling author Gary Taubes! In September 2007, Gary published the book-length version of his years based upon years of research into the carbohydrate connection to diet and health problems which we all got a first glimpse of in his groundbreaking 2002 op-ed piece on the subject of the healthy low carb lifestyle entitled “What If It’s All Been A Big Fat Lie?”
The book is known alternatively as either Good Calories, Bad Calories (in the USA) or The Diet Deception (in the UK). Listen in as Jimmy asks Gary Taubes the questions sent in by his blog readers and podcast listeners! Part 2 coming Thursday!
ALSO: Listen in today to see if you were you a winner of one of three copies of the low-carb documentary My Big Fat Diet from last week’s contest giveaway. GOOD LUCK!!!
LINKS MENTIONED IN EPISODE 139
- ASBP/Nutrition & Metabolism conference in Phoenix, AZ in April 2008
- Gary Taubes’ instant health classic Good Calories Bad Calories: Challenging the Conventional Wisdom on Diet, Weight Control, and Disease
- Gary Taubes’ February 2008 lecture at Berkeley
- Taubes’ 2002 New York Times op-ed piece that started the low-carb “craze” entitled “What If It’s All Been A Big Fat Lie?”
- Jimmy Moore’s blog posts about Taubes