Clinical professor of radiology/nuclear medicine and ketogenic diet/cancer researcher Dr. Eugene Fine is our guest today in Episode 628 of The Livin’ La Vida Low-Carb Show with Jimmy Moore!
After having an engaging conversation last Thursday night with Dr. Colin Champ in Episode 31 of the “Ask The Low-Carb Experts” podcast on the topic “Ketogenic Diets And Cancer”, Jimmy is excited to bring to you one of the researchers who has been examining the connection between an Atkins-styled low-carb ketogenic diet with advanced stage cancer patients to see what impact nutrition can make on cancer tumors. His name is Dr. Eugene Fine from the Albert Einstein College of Medicine and he recently published his momentous pilot study of 10 cancer patients in the October 2012 issue of the scientific journal Nutrition.
While it was a very small study, Dr. Fine is hopeful that the preliminary results he has seen will spur on further research in a much larger population of cancer patients who desperately need an alternative and/or supplemental therapy to chemotherapy. Listen in as Jimmy and Dr. Fine discuss how he came across the ketogenic diet, why he believes ketones work to slow down or even reverse the growth of cancer, what results he saw in his 10 cancer patients and where he sees the future of ketogenic diet cancer research. If you, a friend or family member are dealing with a cancer diagnosis, then this episode is a MUST-LISTEN!
Low-Carb meal plans from Diet-to-Go. No carb counting, no cooking.
Enter “LLVLC” at checkout for 25% off!
NOTICE OF DISCLOSURE: http://cmp.ly/3
LINKS MENTIONED IN EPISODE 628
– SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: DietToGo Low-Carb Meal Plan
– Dr. Eugene Fine bio
– Dr. Fine’s RECHARGE Trial
– Dr. Fine’s ketogenic diet cancer pilot study published in the October 2012 issue of Nutrition
– Dr. Fine’s guest blog post on Dr. Richard Feinman’s blog
– Nutrition & Metabolism Society Video: Dr. Eugene Fine Examines If A Low-Carb Diet Is The Answer To Cancer
– RELATED PODCAST: ATLCX #31: Dr. Colin Champ | Ketogenic Diets And Cancer
– RELATED PODCAST: LLVLC Show 302: Dr. Thomas Seyfried: A Calorie-Restricted Ketogenic Diet Could Be The Cure For Brain Cancer