South African professor of exercise and sports science researcher and marathon runner Professor Timothy Noakes is our guest today on The Livin’ La Vida Low-Carb Show with Jimmy Moore!
Imagine if you will growing up with a love for running and later writing what is widely considered as the Bible for runners in your country. You’ve run in marathons and ultramarathons and even delved deeply into the science behind what you believed about endurance exercise. But then you come across the science supporting high-fat, low-carb diets and all of a sudden everything you thought you knew about nutrition was DEAD WRONG! Well, for Professor Timothy Noakes, he doesn’t have to imagine this scenario because this is precisely what happened to him after he read a copy of The New Atkins For A New You!
And although he released his 1991 classic Lore Of Running book with multiple editions ever since, Professor Noakes is now recommending people who buy his book to rip out the section he wrote about diet because he no longer believes it is true. WOW! That’s pretty big stuff and the nation of South Africa is taking notice of what this running legend is saying. A full-fledged low-carb, high-fat revolution is underway like what is happening in Sweden right now and the momentum this way of eating is receiving is raising the eyebrows of the nutritional nannies there. Listen in as Jimmy and Professor Noakes talk about this extraordinary turn of events that has taken place in South Africa.
NOTICE OF DISCLOSURE: http://cmp.ly/3
– Support our sponsor: Dr. Spencer Nadolsky’s Leaner Living products
– Professor Timothy Noakes on Wikipedia
– SportsCentral story “Noakes: I was wrong”
– Runner’s World column on his switch to high-fat, low-carb
– YouTube video of Tim Noakes sharing about high-fat, low-carb
– Health24 column “Tim Noakes on Carbohydrates”
– Noakes’ soon-to-be-revised-with-low-carb-nutrition book Lore Of Running