Cancer survivor and inspirational blogger Benjamin Rubenstein joins us today as our guest on The Livin’ La Vida Low-Carb Show with Jimmy Moore!
Most of us probably thought of ourselves as invincible as we were growing up believing that we could achieve virtually anything we put our minds to doing. It’s the dream life of being a kid and this idealistic state soon wears off as the stark realities of adulthood bring a little sanity to our lives. But what happens when a teenager is first diagnosed with Ewing’s sarcoma, a very rare form of cancer with a high mortality rate, at the age of 16 and then another cancer diagnosis at 19? For Benjamin Rubenstein, he doesn’t have to wonder because he lived through it and is now living life to the fullest as a robust survivor of cancer–TWICE! He wrote a brutally honest and at times humorous book called TWICE: How I Became a Cancer-Slaying Super Man Before I Turned 21 about the way he psyched his way into believing he was a superhero as a mental exercise for dealing with this terrible disease. This is one of the most extraordinary stories of health triumph you’ve ever heard and we’re happy to be sharing it with you in today’s podcast.
NOTICE OF DISCLOSURE: http://cmp.ly/3
LINKS MENTIONED IN EPISODE 577
– Support our sponsor: Nick’s Sticks Grass-Fed Beef Sticks
– “The Golden Age” column that shares the beginning of Benjamin’s cancer story
– TWICE: How I Became a Cancer-Slaying Super Man Before I Turned 21 Kindle e-book
– “I’ve Still Got Both My Nuts” blog
– Benjamin Rubenstein on Twitter
– Benjamin Rubenstein on Facebook
– Benjamin Rubenstein on YouTube