file size: 32.4mb
Personal trainer Drew Manning and low-carb friendly dentist Dr. John Sorrentino are our guests today on The Livin’ La Vida Low-Carb Show with Jimmy Moore!
Drew Manning is a physically fit personal trainer who in 2011 got the bright idea to deliberately became obese in the span of six months only to turn right around and get fit again as a means to help empathize with and experience what his clients have to go through. He calls it “Fit 2 Fat 2 Fit” and he’s currently in the midst of getting fit again after gaining over 70 pounds since May 2011 eating a high-carb, junk food diet. Listen to him talk about what it’s been like getting fat and the major media attention this has given him landing on popular television programs like The Tonight Show with Jay Leno and The Dr. Oz Show.
Dr. John Sorrentino is a dentist who was trained conventionally but quickly realized there was a nutritional component missing in his practice that could help improve the dental health of his patients. That’s where healthy low-carb living comes into play and he’s more than willing to share this secret to strong teeth and healthy gums with everyone who enters his Hopewell Junction, New York office. While you might not typically think that low-carb has anything to do with the health of your teeth, think again. Dr. Sorrentino explains why in today’s interview.
LINKS MENTIONED IN EPISODE 519
– Support our long-time sponsor: Low-Carb Quest Protein Bars
– Listen to Jimmy’s Friday podcast: Low-Carb Conversations with Jimmy Moore & Friends
– Drew Manning’s “Fit 2 Fat 2 Fit” experiment
– Follow Drew’s photo gallery from Fit 2 Fat 2 Fit
– Major media appearances for Drew
– Fit 2 Fat 2 Fit Blog
– Drew’s “Pledge For Pounds” charity campaign
– Dr. John Sorrentino’s dental practice
– Dr. Sorrentino’s “All Things Dental” blog