James Beard Award-winning author and former podcast guest Jennifer McLagan and former vegan turned omnivore Susan Schenck join us today for another fantastic episode of The Livin’ La Vida Low-Carb Show with Jimmy Moore!
You might recall hearing Jennifer on the show in 2008 to discuss her fantastic book Fat: An Appreciation of a Misunderstood Ingredient, With Recipes. Well she’s back this year with a brand new book that is sure to capture the imagination of those people who like to be adventurous with their food. It’s called Odd Bits: How to Cook the Rest of the Animal and Jimmy had a great time engaging Jennifer in conversation about tongues, testicles, tails and everything in between. Perhaps you’ll be inspired to try your own hand at some “odd bits.” Maybe not!
Then we’ll hear from yet another former vegan with Susan who is here to discuss her new book Beyond Broccoli: Creating a Biologically Balanced Diet When a Vegetarian Diet Doesn’t Work. It’s always interesting to speak with people who have shifted their diet from one that is plant-based to more of an animal-based diet because it gives you insights on why veganism and vegetarianism is so embraced by people. Susan Schenck does NOT disappoint!
LINKS MENTIONED IN EPISODE 514
– Support our sponsor: Glen Frederich’s HoldTheCarbs.com (get a FREE BAG when you use the coupon code “LAVIDAFREE”)
– Support our sponsor: Low-Carb Quest Protein Bars
– Jennifer McLagen bio
– Odd Bits: How to Cook the Rest of the Animal
– Jimmy Moore’s Adventures In ‘Odd Bits': Cow Tongue
– Official web site for Jennifer McLagan
– RELATED PODCAST: 207: Jennifer McLagan And Her Book ‘Fat: An Appreciation of a Misunderstood Ingredient’
– Susan Schenck
– Beyond Broccoli: Creating a Biologically Balanced Diet When a Vegetarian Diet Doesn’t Work