file size: 28.4mb
Epilepsy researcher Detlev Boison and low-carb physician Dr. Fred Pescatore are our guests today on The Livin’ La Vida Low-Carb Show with Jimmy Moore!
Detlev Boison is the lead researcher on a study examining the underlying reasons why a ketogenic diet (high-fat, low-carb) is such an effective means of controlling epilepsy and the resulting seizures. Today he joins us for a quick last-minute interview we weren’t sure we’d get before today’s episode–but it’s cutting-edge stuff we know you’ll love and appreciate! Jimmy and Detlev discuss the new published study, its applicability to human physiology, protein pathology and so much more!
Then in the main interview today, Jimmy invites an old friend of his who’s never been on the podcast before–the great Dr. Fred Pescatore. Jimmy and Dr. Pescatore talk about his years at the Atkins Center working with the late Dr. Robert C. Atkins, the state of low-carb science in 2011, the denial of science by medical schools and many other timely topics! This is a fabulous episode you won’t want to miss!
Special thanks to our sponsor Yes! To Cookies.
LINKS MENTIONED IN EPISODE 483
– Support our sponsor: Yes! To Cookies
– Detlev Boison bio
– June 23, 2011 study published in The Journal of Clinical Investigation called “A ketogenic diet suppresses seizures in mice through adenosine A1 receptors”
– RELATED PODCAST: Dr. Eric Kossoff Treats Epilepsy With A ‘Modified Atkins’ Ketogenic Diet (Episode 367)
– RELATED PODCAST: Dr. Deborah Snyder On The Low-Carb Cure For Epilepsy (Episode 282)
– Dr. Fred Pescatore bio
– Official web site for Dr. Fred Pescatore
– Gary Taubes’ “Is Sugar Toxic?” April 2011 column in The New York Times
– Dr. Fred Pescatore on Twitter
– Dr. Fred Pescatore on Facebook
And as always…
Add the show to your iGoogle or Google Reader page
Add the show in iTunes (No ipod required!)