One of our favorite guests, Dr. Uffe Ravnskov, returns today to discuss his latest book, Ignore the Awkward: How the Cholesterol Myths Are Kept Alive. Dr. Ravnskov is one of the leading voices correcting the insanity behind the opposition to cholesterol. His brand new book shows exactly how the perpetrators of the cholesterol myths have been able to keep the lies going by manipulating the science to suit their own purposes. If you want to get in-depth about how to understand scientific studies on nutrition, then don’t miss this conversation!
We’re also happy to share a second interview today featuring former vegan and current Paleo blogger at the “Let Them Eat Meat” blog Rhys Southan to discuss the research of Denise Minger and the work of people like Lierre Keith among others in showing the potential harmful effects of veganism and under-supplementation (among many other topics!). Don’t miss these amazing back-to-back interviews!
Don’t forget to check out our great sponsors of today’s show, Quest Protein Bars and Low-Carb Conversations with Jimmy Moore & Friends, the new laid-back, conversational-styled low-carb podcast brought to you by Jimmy Moore, his co-host Mindy Noxon Iannotti, and loads of listeners just like you! If you haven’t checked it out yet, it’s NOW on iTunes!
LINKS MENTIONED IN EPISODE 465
- Support our sponsor: Low-Carb QuestBars
- Support our new podcast Low-Carb Conversations with Jimmy Moore & Friends
- Dr. Uffe Ravnskov bio
- Ignore The Awkward: How the Cholesterol Myths Are Kept Alive
- Dr. Ravnskov’s “Cholesterol Myths” web site
- RELATED PODCAST: Dr. Uffe Ravnskov Says Fat And Cholesterol Are Good For You! (Episode 339)
- Rhys Southan bio
- “Let Them Eat Meat” blog
- RELATED PODCAST: CarbSmart.com Presents ‘Encore Week’ 2011: Denise Minger (Episode 430)
- RELATED PODCAST: Former 20-Year Vegan Lierre Keith Now Advocates Omnivorism (Episode 334)
And as always…
Add the show to your iGoogle or Google Reader page
Add the show in iTunes (No ipod required!)