Bestselling New York Times author Gary Taubes and real foods author Ben Hewitt are the guests today on “The Livin’ La Vida Low-Carb Show with Jimmy Moore!
Gary Taubes, author of Good Calories, Bad Calories and his latest release Why We Get Fat And What To Do About It comes back on the show again today to discuss the aftermath of being flim-flammed by the producers of The Dr. Oz Show on March 7, 2011 when Gary appeared on the popular syndicated daytime television program. He shares in this interview how they refused his request for a full lipid panel comparison with particle size, his frustration over how low-carb was depicted being anti-strawberry and anti-salmon, and how they generally cut off all of his explanations of why low-carb science works! If you watched Gary Taubes on Dr. Oz and thought he should have said more, then you need to listen to this exclusive follow-up interview with Gary for what REALLY happened behind-the-scenes.
Then in the main interview today, we hear from Ben Hewitt, author of The Town That Food Saved, who shares about local agriculture, the influence of The Weston A. Price Foundation on his thinking regarding healthy nutrition, why he rejects “sustainable agriculture,” and how getting back to real, whole foods grown locally helped save a town in Northern Vermont. Don’t you dare miss this great episode!
LINKS MENTIONED IN EPISODE 456
- Support our sponsor: Get TWO FREE low-carb, high-protein QuestBars
- Support our sponsor: GetYourHealthTested.com
- Gary Taubes on “The Dr. Oz Show” on 3-7-11
- YouTube video of Jimmy’s interview with Gary Taubes: Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3
- Why We Get Fat And What To Do About It
- Official Gary Taubes web site
- Ben Hewitt bio
- The Town That Food Saved: How One Community Found Vitality in Local Food
- Official web site for Ben Hewitt
And as always…
Add the show to your iGoogle or Google Reader page
Add the show in iTunes (No ipod required!)