Associate professor of medicine at the Stanford Prevention Research Center and diet researcher Dr. Christopher Gardner is our guest today in Episode 1311 of “The Livin’ La Vida Low-Carb Show.”
Landmark nutritional research was conducted by Dr. Christopher Gardner and published in the prestigious Journal of the American Medical Association in March 2007 called A TO Z: A Comparative Weight Loss Study. In that study, this devout vegetarian advocate (for moral reasons) found that the Atkins low-carb diet produced more weight loss and better health improvements than the low-fat Ornish, moderate-carb Zone or standard American LEARN diet. This was obviously big news in the low-carb community at the time and Dr. Gardner went on the lecture circuit to discuss his study results, including a May 2008 lecture at the Stanford School of Medicine posted on YouTube called The Battle of the Diets: Is Anyone Winning (At Losing?).
It’s been a few years since that historical JAMA study sent shock waves through the medical community. What’s been going on with Dr. Gardner’s continued research into this subject and how has his point of view changed regarding diet and health over the past five years? Listen in today as Jimmy has a rather candid conversation with this top nutritional researcher about the continuing ramifications resulting from his positive low-carb diet study.
ORGAN MEATS WITHOUT COOKING
USE COUPON CODE “JIMMY” FOR 20% OFF
NOTICE OF DISCLOSURE: Paid sponsorship
LINKS MENTIONED IN EPISODE 1311
– SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: Join Jimmy Moore’s new keto coaching program at KetoClarityAcademy.com
– SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: Snack without sugar with Nush. Nush-Foods.Myshopify.com/ (Get 20% off your first order with coupon code “JIMMY”)
– SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: Get the low-carb, high-fat, ketogenic-friendly Pili Nuts (Get 10% off your order with coupon code “LLVLC”)
– Dr. Christopher Gardner Stanford School of Medicine page
– The Battle of the Diets: Is Anyone Winning (At Losing?)
– RELATED BLOG POST: Stanford Researchers Confirm Atkins Diet Best For Weight Loss, Improved Health