Medical doctor and addictions recovery specialist Dr. Vera Tarman is our guest today in Episode 1295 of The Livin’ La Vida Low-Carb Show with Jimmy Moore!
If you have struggled with managing your weight, you understand the challenge of eating good quality foods in an environment where we are inundated with crappy carbage choices. Our guest today, Dr. Vera Tarman from Addictions Unplugged, recognizes this challenge and helps people overcome these hurdles to make better choices and get to the root cause of why we are addicted to these foods. The concept of addiction is abundantly real in the minds of most people when it comes to drugs, alcohol, and tobacco. But for some reason, many people have a difficult time grasping that there could be any such thing as food addiction.
Listen in today as Jimmy and Dr. Tarman discuss her book Food Junkies: The Truth About Food Addiction, her interest in wanting to learn more about addiction, her family and personal history with alcohol addiction, how addiction is “a chronic progressive” condition that gets worse, how the high density of crap foods like HFCS can make addiction worse, physical withdrawal with hypoglycemia and mood instability, how tapering off slowly seems to help most people with addictions, the foolish advice for people to just “eat in moderation”, how companies are profiting from our addictive vulnerabilities, and much more.
NOTICE OF DISCLOSURE: Paid sponsorship
LOW-CARB KETO FOODS FOR LESS THAN $15 A DAY– WITH FREE SHIPPING
Use coupon code LLVLC for $150 OFF
LINKS MENTIONED IN EPISODE 1295
– SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: Go to PureIndianFoods.com for 12 delicious fats perfect for your keto lifestyle. (Get 10% off your first order with coupon code “Jimmy”)
– SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: Go to JImmyKeto.com for delicious Keto friendly foods delivered to your door. (Get a $150 discount on any 28 day program when you use coupon code LLVLC)
– SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: EnergizeYourHealth.com
– SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: Get the BRAND NEW 2017 Ketonix breath ketone analyzer from Ketonix.com
– Food Junkies: The Truth About Food Addiction